Professional Certificate in Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy Teacher Training is jointly organized by The Chinese University of Hong Kong and The University of Oxford Mindfulness Foundation (OMF).
Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) is now recommended in the UK National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines for the treatment of recurrent depression, and is becoming more widely applied to a range of other health conditions. More recent work has led to major breakthroughs in understanding how mindfulness can reduce suicidality in depression, emotional turbulence in bipolar disorder, serious health anxiety and latterly in building resilience in young people.
After completion of the certificate programme, all will be trained to teach Mindfulness for Life (MBCT-L), Finding Peace in a Frantic World and Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy for Depression depending on their intended setting of teaching (e.g. MBCT-Depression for clinical settings). The completion of this certificate will fulfil the first step requirement in teaching mindfulness in the respective settings.
- QF Level 6 Professional Certificate Programme
- Duration: 1 Year Part-Time Study - from Apr 2023 to May 2024
The three courses in the programme are:
- Learning to Teach Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy Practices and Exercises: 2 - 9 Apr 2023
- Origins of Mindfulness and Retreat: 21 - 25 Oct 2023
- Teaching a Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy Curriculum in a Group: 28 Apr - 4 May 2024
19 Dec 2022
Programme website: https://www.mbctteachertraining.sphpc.cuhk.edu.hk/
For enquiry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org